Here you will find links to all of the blogs I have written about Cambodia and any other sites that I have come across that may be of interest to you if you are planning on travelling there.
10 Interesting Facts About Cambodia
– The Cambodian flag is the only national flag that has an image of a building – the Angkor Wat.
– Half of Cambodia’s current population is younger than 15 years old.
– The ancient city of Angkor Thom could sustain up to 150,000 people
– Sometimes eaten out of necessity, spiders can be served in Cambodia as a local delicacy
– Prahok is a national ingredient in Cambodia, consisting of fermented fish
– The Cambodian river Tonle Sap reverses its flow annually and it is the only river in the world to do so.
– The country was occupied by Japan in World War II
– Human settlement in Cambodia dates back at least 7,000 years
– Chinese sources from the first century A.D. describe a powerful kingdom called “Funan” in Cambodia, which was strongly influenced by India.
– Forty percent more males are born each year than females, yet more females survive making up 64 percent of the population.