Here you will find links to all of the blogs I have written about Thailand and any other sites that I have come across that may be of interest to you if you are planning on travelling there.
10 Interesting Facts About Thailand
– Thailand is home to the world’s largest gold Buddha, the largest crocodile farm and the largest restaurant.
– Medicine man Hoo Sateow from Thailand has the world’s documented longest hair at 16′ 11″ long. He says his hair “keeps him nice and warm.
– The world’s largest Christmas log cake was made in Bangkok, Thailand, on December 25, 1997. The cake weighed 5,071 lbs. and reached 27′ 6″. It was later cut into 19, 212 portions.
– Siamese cats are native to Thailand. In Thai they are called wichen-maat, meaning “moon diamond.”
– World-famous golfer Tiger Woods is the son of an American father and a Thai mother.
– Red Bull, the rather famous energy drink, has its origins in Thailand, and was originally called Red Guar (a kind of Ox),
– Rather than have toast for breakfast, Thais like to have their bread airy and sweet, toasted then served with condensed milk as pudding.
– Thailand has some of the most Guinness World Records per person in the world, including largest ever aerobics workout, biggest hamburger, man with longest hair and most linked skydivers.
– Bangkok’s official name isn’t, as you might assume, Bangkok – it’s fiendishly long and roughly translates to “Great City of Angels, Repository of Divine Gems, Great Land Unconquerable, Grand and Prominent Realm, Royal and Delightful Capital City Full of Nine Noble Gems, Highest Royal Dwelling and Grand Palace, Divine Shelter and Living Place of Reincarnated Spirits”.
– Despite the fame of the old Hollywood movie “The King and I,” it was not shown in theatres in Thailand because the film was considered derogatory to the King.